(Ancestry Blog – June 9, 2016)
Ancestry Academy has added something new this month: Short Courses! This new offering will give you quick tips on one topic in 5 minutes or less. This month we start with some of the basics on the U.S. Federal Census:
- Pre 1850-Censuses
- 1850 Census: An Introduction
- 1890 Census: Where is it?
- 1880 Census: An Overview
- Introduction to the 1940 Census
These short courses and dozens of other classes are free to watch, although you may be required to create a new login if this is your first time viewing Ancestry Academy classes.
Do you have ancestors from Illinois, Vermont, Massachusetts or Michigan? Then we have must-see premium classes for you:
- Illinois: Researching in the Prairie State with David McDonald, D. Min, CGsm
- The Green Mountain State: Vermont Research with Catherine Desmarais, CGsm
- Massachusetts: Researching in the Bay State with Marian Pierre-Louis
- Michigan Ancestors: Family History in the Wolverine State with Kris W Rzepczynski, MLS, MA
Bookmark Recently Added on Ancestry Academy to keep track of all our new offerings!