You have an invitation to join our society. We are a fun society that has many benefits as listed below. The Society welcomes all who are interested in genealogy, the preservation of records, and in furthering the objectives of the Society.
Society Membership Fees
Society Membership is from January 1st through December 31st. Renewals are due by January 31. After July 1st, new members may join for half price.
Any member or family requesting a printed newsleletter needs to add $3 to the annual membership dues or $30 to the lifetime membership dues to cover production and postage increases. The digital/electronic edition has no increase in fees.
- Monthly Meetings – Larimer County Genealogical Society meets at 6:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of the month at the Old Town Library, 201 Peterson Street (May to October), or at Council Tree Library, 2733 Council Tree Avenue (January to April and November) in Fort Collins, Colorado. There is no meeting in December. Each meeting includes a speaker who presents a lecture on a variety of genealogical topics. Presentation handouts and Society event flyers are always available at our meetings. Visitors are cordially invited to attend, but are encouraged to join our society to learn more about genealogy.
- Newsletter – The society newsletter is published bimonthly in February, April, June, August, October, and December. Each issue is filled with our calendar of events, President’s message, Family History Center news, interesting websites, genealogy tidbits, technology, society news, genealogical research tips, our featured ancestor story, and past program highlights. Archived issues of the newsletter are also available. Members can receive your newsletter by mail for an extra fee or digitally via email or even download past issues from our website.
- Annual Classes and Workshops – Many classes and workshops are presented at four different libraries in Larimer County. All events are FREE to the public except as noted. Visit our Annual Classes & Workshops webpage to learn more.
- Research Help – Members can obtain assistance from our Society’s researcher or visit our research volunteers at the Old Town Library or Loveland Library on Thursday afternoons except holidays from 1 to 5 pm for FREE. For a nominal fee, our society researcher will obtain BMD certificates or other documents and mail or email the attachment(s) to you. Visit our Genealogy Resources webpage or Contact Us webpage for help.
- Research Projects – Our society creates new research projects to sell new publications or digitize our older publciations for online databases on our webiste.
- Annual Holiday Party – The Society holds an annual holiday dinner and party in Fort Collins or Loveland. An interesting program is presented after dinner plus many door prizes including genealogy software and local restaurant coupons are raffled at this fun holiday event.
To obtain a PDF Form which may be filled out and emailed to our membership chair or to do online registration please go to our
Online Registration page.
For more information or to request an application by mail please email: Jean Anderson