Call for Applications from the IAJGS Board of Directors
The following announcement was written by the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies, Inc., also known as IAJGS:
The Call for Applications from candidates interested in serving on the IAJGS Board of Directors is now open. This year, as it is an odd-numbered year and in accordance with our bylaws, we will elect four Officers: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary. In addition, we are seeking one new Director to fill the one year remaining of a two-year term.
IAJGS Officer and Director candidates must be members in good standing of at least one IAJGS member society at the time of their nomination for election or appointment and must continuously maintain such membership during their term of office. We are seeking candidates who will contribute to advancing the Association in fulfilling its objectives (listed below).
We invite all candidates who are interested in serving as an Officer or Director on the IAJGS Board to submit a completed Board Application Form online at BoardApplication.iajgs.org.
Information about the election and nomination process is at elections.iajgs.org. The deadline for receipt of Board Application Forms by the Nominating Committee is March 12, 2021, 7:00 pm EDT.
The term of those Officers elected begins at the conclusion of the Annual Meeting on August 4, 2021, and ends at the conclusion of the Annual Meeting two years later. The Director position will serve out the one year remaining of the two-year term. Candidates should be aware that serving on the board requires a commitment of time and travel expenses.
Elections will be held through electronic voting procedures, which will be completed by July 12, 2021.
Objectives of the IAJGS
The objectives of the Association shall be:
1. To collect, preserve, and disseminate knowledge and information with reference to Jewish genealogy
2. To assist and promote the research of Jewish family history
3. To provide opportunities for the sharing of Jewish genealogical information
4. To aim toward the publication of worthy material in the field of Jewish genealogy
5. To promote membership in member Jewish genealogical societies
6. To act as spokesperson for Jewish genealogical societies in areas of mutual interest
7. To provide member societies with services to help them become more effective organizations
8. To elevate Jewish Genealogy among Jewish people and in the academic community
9. To promote public access to genealogically relevant records
10. To foster creation of Jewish genealogical organizations in new geographical areas