The following announcement was written by Findmypast:
Is a bad apple lurking in your family tree? Findmypast latest new records could help you find out.
Crime records, life events and newspapers. Findmypast have a feast of family history treats for you this week. Here are the details on what’s new.
Findmypast have added over 92,000 additional court and prison indexes to this criminally-fascinating collection. This includes:
- Herefordshire Prison Register Index 1849-1915 – over 17,000 new records
- Court of Great Sessions in Wales 1730-1830 – over 20,000 new records
- Bedfordshire Gaol Registers – over 51,000 new records
- Kirkby Stephen Petty Sessions 1874-1901 – over 2,000 new records
If you’ve got family roots in England’s East Midlands, Findmypast’s latest birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records could help you trace them. New additions have been added to.
See Findmypast’s Derbyshire parish list to see exactly what’s new and the timeframes covered.
This week, Findmypast have published six brand new titles along with updates to 15 others. Online for the first time are;
- Evening News (London) covering 1889-1892 and 1894-1913
- Central Glamorgan Gazette covering 1880-1894
- Kent Messenger & Gravesend Telegraph covering 1914-1918
- Potteries Examiner covering 1881
- Alston Herald and East Cumberland Advertiser covering 1880
- Nelson Chronicle, Colne Observer and Clitheroe Division News covering 1892
While significant updates have been added to;
- Whitstable Times and Herne Bay Herald from 1976-1977, 1979-1983 and 1985
- Faversham Times and Mercury and North-East Kent Journal from 1860-1861, 1863, 1865-1871, 1873-1887, 1889-1895, 1897-1905 and 1920
- Middlesex Chronicle from 1986-1988
- Cotton Factory Times from 1900
- Atherstone, Nuneaton, and Warwickshire Times from 1880-1881, 1883-1884 and 1889
- Bridgend Chronicle, Cowbridge, Llantrisant, and Maesteg Advertiser from 1893
- Liverpool Weekly Courier from 1880, 1898, 1900-1901 and 1903
- Kenilworth Advertiser from 1880
- Bridlington and Quay Gazette from 1880
- Brighouse & Rastrick Gazette from 1880
- Blackpool Gazette & Herald from 1880
- Birkenhead News from 1880
- St. Helens Examiner from 1880
- Northern Weekly Gazette from 1880
- Dorset County Express and Agricultural Gazette from 1880