The following announcement was written by Findmypast:
Dig deeper into your Irish heritage with employment and poor law records from the Emerald Isle. Here is what’s new this Findmypast Friday.
Did your ancestor work for one of Ireland’s most iconic brands? Discover occupations, birth and death dates, spouse names and more.
Arthur Guinness established his brewery at St James’s Gate, Dublin in 1759 by signing a now-defunct 9,000-year lease for £45 a year. Since then, thousands of Dubliners have worked at the famous landmark. If your relatives were among them, this collection is a must-search.
Findmypast have added over 500,000 records to this County Clare collection, a fascinating resource if you have family ties in the region.
The detailed records cover workhouses in Clare’s Corofin, Ennis, Ennistymon and Kilrush Poor Law Unions. In them, you’ll find information on the day-to-day running of the institutions with mentions of inmates, staff and suppliers.
Privacy rules have allowed Findmypast to release another tranche of baptism, marriage, banns and burial records from churches across Leicestershire.
As with all of their parish record collections, Findmypast have compiled a handy list showing exactly what’s new and the timeframes covered.
Findmypast’s newspaper releases continue the distinctly Irish theme this week. This latest update includes published nine new papers from Ireland and updated five others with additional pages. Hot off the press from Ireland are:
- Bankrupt & Insolvent Calendar covering 1846, 1850-1866
- Bassett’s Chronicle covering 1863-1884
- Belfast Weekly Telegraph covering 1873-1893, 1895-1914, 1917
- Cashel Gazette and Weekly Advertiser covering 1865-1866, 1868-1887, 1889-1893
- Evening Irish Times covering 1880-1895
- Evening News (Dublin) covering 1859-1862
- Fermanagh Times covering 1881-1886, 1888, 1891-1900
- Mayo Examiner and West of Ireland Agricultural and Commercial Reporter and Advertiser covering 1868-1882, 1884, 1886-1903
- Ulster Football and Cycling News covering 1888-1896
While this week’s supplemented papers include: