Findmypast Releases Records for Scotland and Beyond
The following announcement was written by Findmypast:
Over 4,000 new transcriptions have been added to this existing collection. These records are from multiple sources, and often include details such as names, places and additional notes. If your ancestor was from Nairnshire, this collection could be the key you’re looking for.
Scotland Registers and Records
To complement the Nairnshire records, a further five publications have been added into Scotland Registers and Records. These PDFs cover 1290 to 1850, and include social histories, parish records and more. There are 84 titles in total to explore, including Land and People of Nairnshire by Bruce B. Bishop, offering key detail about Nairnshire residents.
Anglo-Boer War Records 1899-1902
If your ancestor served in the Anglo-Boer War, you may find them here. A further 19,117 records have been added to this collection, taking it to over 383,000. You might find details of your ancestor’s unit, medals awarded, or even casualties.
Notable names spotted in this collection include:
· A young Winston Churchill, taken prisoner at Blaauwkrantz Farm in Escourt in 1899
· Sherlock Holmes creator Arthur Conan Doyle, who was awarded a Queen’s South Africa clasp
Six brand new titles, updates to a further six, and a total of 89,176 new pages make up this week’s newspaper releases.
· Bayswater Chronicle, 1860-1873, 1878, 1893, 1896, 1909-1939, 1944-1949
· Buteman, 1875, 1882, 1884, 1887-1889, 1892
· Citizen (Letchworth), 1906-1916
· Downham Market Gazette, 1879-1889, 1891-1895, 1897-1911, 1913-1916
· Loftus Advertiser, 1879-1895, 1897, 1899-1906, 1909-1916
· Morayshire Advertiser, 1858-1864
· Eastern Post, 1922-1925, 1927-1938
· Haverhill Echo, 1941-1943
· Macclesfield Times, 1925
· New Milton Advertiser, 1990
· Sheerness Guardian and East Kent Advertiser, 1894-1896, 1899-1911, 1913-1932, 1934-1939
· Sheerness Times Guardian, 1940-1948, 1979