To help you prepare for your visit to Sacramento in May 2022, the California Genealogical Society (CGS) is offering a series of six free classes on the top genealogical research destinations and collections in Sacramento. The speakers are librarians and archivists at the facilities. The titles and dates of the talks are:
* Jan 11th Center for Sacramento History with Senior Archivist Kim Hayden
* Jan 18th Government Publications at California’s State Library with California State Documents Librarian Emily Blodget
* Jan 25th Historical Resources at California’ State Library with Reference Librarian Elena Smith
* Feb 1st Sutro Library –Genealogical Treasures with Genealogy & Local History Librarian Dvorah Lewis
* Mar 15th The California Archives with Reference Services Manager Chris Garmire
* Mar 22nd Special Collections at the Sacramento Public Library with Librarian David Munger and Archivist James Scott
All talks will be online and are from 4 PM to 5:30 PM Pacific time. Please note that Sutro library, although part of the Sacramento based California State Library is physically located in San Francisco.
To sign up for these free classes please go to CGS’s NGS 2022 Family History Conference page and scroll down to ‘California Research – Series of Classes’. There you will find more details on each talk and links to sign up for each of the Zoom sessions.