The following is an announcement from the (U.S.) National Genealogical Society:
FALLS CHURCH, VA, 19 APRIL 2021—Genealogy societies provide an indispensable and invaluable service to aspiring and experienced genealogists alike. Continuous development of volunteer leaders is necessary for every society to not only survive, but also to thrive and grow membership.
Focus on Societies, the National Genealogical Society (NGS) all-day virtual program on 21 May, offers an excellent opportunity for genealogy societies. Current society leaders will learn new management strategies, and attendance may encourage other society members to step up to serve on a committee or the board.
Registration for individuals is $35 for the 11:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. event, or take advantage of the NGS group rate of $100 to register up to five society members. Societies do not need to be a NGS Member to register and attend this event. Registration closes 12 May. Learn more at https://conference.ngsgenealogy.org/focus-on-societies/.
Lecture topics include:
- Lessons Learned from the Pandemic
- Finding Good Material for Society Newsletters
- Incorporating Special Interests and Study Groups in Your Society
- Website, Content, and Social Media Strategies
- Using Your Email List to Grow Society Membership
- Getting and Keeping Your Volunteers
- Preparing and Presenting a Cemetery Tour
- Introduction to Event Management for Local Societies
- Growing Your Society with Quality Events
- Moving into the Virtual World of Meetings
- Using an Open-Sourced System for Your Society’s Digitization
- Digital Marketing for Societies
Register today at https://conference.ngsgenealogy.org/focus-on-societies/.