The North of Ireland Family History Society (NIFHS) has launched its new season of online genealogy classes. There are 12 classes covering a good range of topics to suit all levels. Some are offered twice, in two different time slots, to suit overseas attendees. Each session lasts for around 90-minutes, with a one-hour talk followed by questions and answers.
The first class is for beginners to Irish genealogy and starts on Thursday 3rd February so book quickly if you’d like to attend. The other classes are scheduled for various dates up until May.
* Strictly for Beginners – Irish Family History (GMT morning option)
* Strictly for Beginners – Irish Family History (GMT afternoon option)
* DNA – Family Finder
* Griffith’s Valuation Records
* An Introduction to Scottish Online Records
* Emigration to Australia and New Zealand
https://www.nifhs.org/courses/* PRONI Online Records
* Using Ancestry DNA
* Five Top Tips for Analysing your DNA Results
* More Online Resources for Genealogy and Family History (GMT morning option)
* More Online Resources for Genealogy and Family History (GMT afternoon option)
* NIFHS Look-Up Service
* What’s New in Family Tree Maker
* DNA Day – Beginner’s Talk
Single classes are £10, two-session classes are £15, and some are offered for free as part of the society’s commitment to encouraging genealogy education. A Class Notes booklet (£5) is available as an optional extra for the “Emigration to Australia and New Zealand” class.
Find out more and book online at the NIFHS website: https://www.nifhs.org/courses/.