SLIG Announces Academy 2022 Updates
The following announcement was written by the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (which is often abbreviated as SLIG):
Concerns for the health and safety of participants during this program continues to be at the forefront of our minds. During the Academy, our smaller size makes it necessary to share space in the hotel with other groups, increasing health and safety risks during a second pandemic year.
Therefore, we are pleased to announce the following changes:
• The SLIG Academy for Professionals 2022 will again take place virtually. Following the success of this year’s virtual program, courses will meet in a weekto-week format, beginning January 3oth with orientation and ending in April.
• Two additional courses will be added to the already available options for 2022. These will be:
1. Writing and Documenting for Peer Review with Karen Mauer Jones, CG, FGBS, FUGA
2. Teaching Genealogy Classes in your Community with Katherine R. Willson
To view the newly updated line-up of all courses please visit the Academy webpage at SLIGacademy.ugagenealogy.org.
• The Accreditation Course, Becoming an Accredited Genealogist Professional: The Thy, the What, the How with Diana Elder, AG, and Lisa Stokes, AG will move to SLIG during the week of January 9-14, 2022. This transition will allow participation in unique course experiences and sample testing at the Family History Library.
• Registration will still open on August 14, 2021, at 2:00 pm MDT. Enrollment will be limited to a single course.
• Course lengths will vary to support the designed curriculum for each course.
Additional information may be found on our website, slig.ugagenealogy.org, as it becomes available.
We look forward to seeing you – safe and healthy – virtually at SLIG Academy 2022.