The following is a press release from Findmypast:
A brand-new diocese joins the Catholic Heritage Archive this week. 243,092 Catholic baptisms for Leeds have been added into this existing record collection, covering the years 1757 to 1913. With images and transcriptions, you can expect to learn names, birthdates, baptism dates and the parish, in addition to both parents’ names. Some original images also include addresses and godparents’ names, so be sure to check.
A further 56,525 Catholic marriage records have been added, again for the Diocese of Leeds. These cover the years 1776 to 1913. You may discover names of both spouses, fathers’ names, marriage date and parish.
If your Leeds ancestor was Catholic and died between 1759 and 1913, you may find them in these 26,195 new records. Details within the records vary, but you might learn names, ages, birth and death dates and the parish.
Rounding off the new Leeds Catholic records are 152 congregational records, spanning 1798 to 1845. Again, details vary, but you may find a combination of name, age, birthdate, event date, parish and deanery.
Three new titles, updates to a further 10, and over 43,000 new pages make up this week’s newspaper release.
· Stowmarket Weekly Post, 1905-1917
· Darlaston Weekly Times, 1882-1887
· Waterford Citizen, 1871, 1885
· Crediton Gazette, 1882
· Enniscorthy Echo and South Leinster Advertiser, 1917
· Free Press (Wexford), 1912-1915, 1917-1921, 1923
· Huddersfield and Holmfirth Examiner, 1861-1863, 1865-1867, 1870, 1872, 1939-1949, 1951, 1978-1979
· Limerick Echo, 1903
· Loughborough Herald & North Leicestershire Gazette, 1883, 1888
· Newmarket Journal, 1921-1925, 1927-1928
· Stalybridge Reporter, 1907
· Stratford-upon-Avon Herald, 1964-1968
· Suffolk and Essex Free Press, 1960, 1962-1963, 1980